Sunday, March 25, 2007

He Said She said

Well it seems yesterdays story didn't end with Stacy and I. But let me start this story with some other background details first. Late in the afternoon we where able to get the windscreen out, it's now in my bin! The dive back to his place went without a hitch, although apparently driving without a windscreen is a very difficult process. I ended up doing the dutiful daughter thing this weekend. It is my mum's birthday tomorrow, and she didn't really have anything to do for her birthday weekend, she was even on her own as my dad had/has gone away for four days. So I went over and we went out to the movies last night [we saw freedome writers - if you liked Dangerous Minds you will like this one] We had a good time and today we also went shopping, and my dropped me back home. This is where the tail picks back up....

My housemate [the one who thought we might not have left my room yesterday] went off into the city with her friend last night, leaving her friends car in the exact same spot that Stacy's was just the night before. Can you guess what I'm about to tell you next?

I arived home today to find my housemates friends car parked in the backyard which is not 'normal' I actuallly thought this was a bit of over kill and was thinking they had just parked out there as they didn't want to leave it out on the foot parth after what had happened the other night. A few moments latter my housemate was knocking on my door to ask if I had seen her friends car... I said I had and kind of was just brushing her off when she asked if I saw the windscreen.

It seems that the little shits struck again. This time two hours earlier, at a quarter to 12. As it would happen - the guy next door [ who warned Stacy as he was walking to his car yesterday] must have been 'nervous' about his car as while it is parked 'inside' it is right at the front fence. So of course he heard them smash the driverside window and the screen, and he went out after them. Chased the off down the street and apparently even tackled one of them [ - not sure about all that, second hand info here - ]

So yes, they tried it on again. But the worst thing is, while My housemate, her firend and the guy next door where out talking to the police later, the same group of 'shit heads' walked passed [most likely coming back to see if they can get into the car again] - but due to it being a 'he said she said' kind of situation - and there being no proof - the police could do nothing.

Sucks doesn't it?!

It won't surprise me if there are more acts like this around the neighbourhood... maybe there has been others that we just didn't know about?! Who knows. I just know that Stacy will no longer be parking out the front thats for sure.

No comments: