Monday, February 5, 2007

Scrapbooking Find No. 4

Okay so this is going to be in two parts - one a product for all you paper scrappers [not that really any of you still read here anymore since I've stopped hanging out in paper circles] but regardless this is something I think every paper scrapper who wants to hand stitch on their layouts NEEDS..] and a digital must have for all the digital girls who read my dribble posts.

Firstly the "touchable" product... from Birch Haberdashery and Craft Sculpting Needles.

These needles are perfect for scrapbooking. They are nice and LONG and great to use when hand stitching on your layout as there is more to grip onto to pull your needle through the paper/card. There are four needles in the set - 76mm, 89mm x 2, 127mm. The eye's are nice and big, but not to big as to leave bit 'holes' in the papers when pulling them through.

I found these so much kinder on my fingers when doing hand sewing work. From memory they where only some where around the $2 mark as well - bargain. Only draw back is, finding someone that stocks them might be hard work. I fluked finding mine at the time and have never seen them again.

Keeping with the Sewing theme, I thought I would do my digital product on my 'go to' stitches. They are none other then Dani Mogstands stitching sets from her Ala Carte Collection.

These sets are great, they come in Circles [pictured], Hearts, Squares and Stars. The cool thing about this collection, is you are given the shapes and a variety of colours and sizes. The Square set includes a rounded corner set, and the star set and heart set both have two 'variations' in shape included also. I do find that sometimes detail is lost if these are resized to much.. but that is okay as they are given in a variation of sizes so there is normally one that will be a better fit. Also I have at times wanted a 'different' colour then what is in the collections, and have found that simple adjustments to the hue saturation can normally produce the colour I am looking for. Dani always has a great level of detail in her stitching that I have always loved. I find myself addicted to her stitching and if looking for straight stitching for a layout I will go to her Clowning around set every time if the kit I am working on doesn't have any stitching in it.

While yes I did get these sets while part of Dain's creative team, I think they are a great investment for anyone at $2 for each set. - You will get your moneys worth out of these.

thanks for looking :)

No comments: