it's like rain on your wedding day.
sorry I should be in bed but I was just rounding up my late night blog readings...
when I happened to click on my sub to the pub's blog ... [don't quite know why I still sub to this one - never really relevant to me - I see the mag calls in other places anyways]
I'm pretty aware - as anyone else who knows the pub blog would be that this is a DOMINATED paper geared place - the challenges/information etc is 99.99% geared towards the paper market - after all the sponsors are all manufactures/stores that have a vested interest in the 'touchable' realm of scrapbooking right..
I guess even while I'm understanding all of this and really don't bat that much of an eyelash at any of it....
I found it a little 'ironic' to read today that the new challenge is about "LOVE"
and I quote "*L* is for the lovely patterns in the paper.*O* is for the overlays to add some style.*V* is for the variety of products available.*E* is for everything on the layout that makes me smile."
All which do apply to digital to after all we have the lovely patters in the papers, the overlays that add style, the [AWESOME] variety of products available [better then the paper ones if you ask me - I can always find what I need when I need it -unlike with paper!] and I must say - everything on my layouts always make me smile too...
I was fine with this and even feeling a little warm and fuzzy - how sweet. The picture on the blog was even cute! Then I read a little more
Today (Monday) is all about sharing the love. The love of scrapping and stamping.
Me: AWW I love sharing the love... love scrapping I'm so addicted to stamping [brushwork]!
So, for today's contest, let's see what you love! You can create a card, layout or altered project. It must have some red (or pink) as a part of it. And, there has to be at least one heart on your project!
Me: Ohh I have some pretty hearts in my kit that I got from scrap artist and ohh maybe I could use this as an excuse to get those great hearts from Dawn - my mind ticking over with layout ideas and fun things to do... [not so much to enter the damn comp just 'because' it would be fun to take part in something for once on this stupid blog]
We are asking for paper projects only on this one because, well, because we love paper and adhesive and photos in hand and the smell of Mod Podge in the morning. And, it is all about love today!
Me: Well isn't that RUDE! You're all about the love, share the love you say - what a load of BULLOCKS!! Share the love as long as you have what we love?!? So much for scrapbooking love - seems the pub blog only loves you if you get high on glue..... RUDE! RUDE! RUDE!!!
So needles to say I finally got around to removing that blog off my subs list.
I'm all understanding that with all fairness that a digital layout being put into a comp to win 'paper' products is a bit stupid - hell it would be pretty stupid if I saw a paper layout being put into a digital comp...
I am not being offended on that score.... totaly and utterly understand that.
But to say and post you want to embrace the scrapbooking love and 'share' the love - while then turning around and saying you only want 'touchable' stuff - and exclude a fast growing - getting more and more popular style of scrapbooking - that MANY people love....... aren't you being just a TAD IRONIC?!
I have a song you should listen to - it's by Alanis Morissette !! ...*shakes head* humming... it's like ten thousand spoons when all you need knife....



3 comments:
Yep totally ironic! Grrr...
(BTW Fi had a baby girl last night YAY!)
hmmm sounds like discrimination to me :)
We love you, but only if you are like us!!!!!! lol.
WHATEVER......
Glad you hit that delete button my friend.
Sandi :)
I understand your frustration, hun. I understand. {hugs}
Post a Comment