Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Yes I'm a natural Blue

As my avid blog readers will know... I starting going grey at a very early age. If I was a Blonde this wouldn't have been so much of an issue but having dark brown hair the Grey's tended to stand out like a sore thumb. I can remember my friends walking behind me at school telling me to stop as they had seen a grey hair... I remember one friend always liked to yank them out when she found them [along with a few others for good measure] - I don't think she actually liked me [she didn't] and this was possible her way of unleashing some of that veiled hostility.


Anyways... since 13 I have been finding grey hairs sprouting out of my head. I would pull them out when there was just a few, but over the years they multiplied and multiplied. I have been dyeing my hair so long now that I forget what my natural colour ever looked look. Towards the end of last year I stopped colouring my hair [was to lazy and caught up in studies] The number of greys where really starting to give the browns a run for their money.


I toyed with letting my hair just grow out totally and then going Blondie as it would be easier to do then having to redye my hair all the time and the greys would blend better... well that was until my brother in law refered to my new look at the "peppy-la-pew" look [skunk look] ....


Right before Christmas I thought screw this, and just bleached my hair regardless. Sure some of the old coloured parts might look a bit brassy - but the 'roots' looked very Blondie. So now I'm in the process of growing out my old colour and going blond!! - after all blonds do have more fun don't they???


So I thought I would share an updated photo .... it's more orange in the photo ROFL - but trust me there is more blond.

I have gotten only nice comments about my new 'do' ... ohh okay My sister actually doesn't like it but really that's no surprise to me.... Everyone else on first seeing me will say "Ohh love the new colour" .... my sisters first words [as I predicted no less] where "It's Orange!" ... argh sisters got to love 'em.

1 comment:

Penelope said...

Ooh nice! I"m considering going the other way...blonde to dark...but can't convince DH it's a good idea CMRU!

We blondes definitely have more fun...Em's blonde and she's currently destroying my pantry one potato at a time...LOL