Monday, January 29, 2007

Scrapbooking Find No3.

Adobe Light Room

I'm addicted to this. The other week I posted up on DST about some photos I had that where 'ruined' due to the fact they where shot under a blue tarp and it made all the photos 'blue'. Karen [Hom74] posted up with an link to Adobe Light room.... and I have her to thank for my new addiction. I love tweaking photos [would be cool if I knew what I was doing 90% of the time vs just playing though]...

I've also got Stacy addicted to playing with this.

So I thought I would show off some of the things I was dong last night with this original photo of Tegan from the 'blue' set.

The Original Photo



The Changes In Light Room





Some are only slight differences, others are just fun things I could do with it. The great thing is once I 'fixed' the photo and got the blue out then I could take it into photoshop and play with it in there and also run actions over the photos if I so wished.

I got into a bit of an arty mood in photoshop and I ended up actually bringing the blue back into the photo to get this kind of effect... This following photo and the very first changed photo in light room are my favourites. Mainly because I love the effects.



I have to warn you though I don't think Light room is an 'easy' program to use. It does take some time to work out how to do things like even save your photos in there. [well it did for me] It also is a bit of a speed hungry program the ram recommendations are 1g, and although it works on my little 512 ram - I don't dare run anything else with it! Also this is only a Beta version. Depending on the price of light room when it comes out I think I'll be hard pressed not to desperately want it. I just hope it's going to affordable for the 'hobbyist" photographer and not 'totally' geared at the professional market.

No comments: