What's it all about.
Well I guess I should be safe with this post it's nearly christmas and everyone is to busy off doing christmas stuff to come read here so I might have a little bit of a bitch/vent.
There is one thing that disapointes me about the digital community - well okay there are many things but for now I'm just talking about this one thing LOL!
And what am I talking about you ask [well no you don't cause you're not reading hehe - are you - if you are look away right this minute!! :p]
The money thing. Sometimes I get the sense that for the most part poeple are only interested in the money. Both groups - the designers and the scrappers.
The scrappers are only interested in getting the 'best/hotest/newest' thing on the block for the cheapest price possible - as close to free as they can get if not free!! Then you have those who are just about the gratification of buying, spending money left right and center and never actually really useing what they got.....
For the Designers, it's about makeing money of course, - although a lot of desingers do it for the love of it, it is a part of it - after all would they be selling if it wasn't about the money?! So then a big part of it becomes the self promotion, getting your name out there, getting your product out there, where can I advertised, how can I get more customers....
ARGH!
I'm admitedly frustrated. I am admitedly annoyed and honestly a little offended.
You see I have this little forum. It's not much. But it could be something that is firstly fun. Secondly it could be a great way to get to know more people and grow recogntion on home soil for the fantastic designers out there.
Yes first and formost I wanted DSDU to be about just getting to know one another, having the same kind of connections i use to have on paper forums, the getting to meet and to know people all over the country, maybe even have a meet up or two. Foster friendship's and work together to support and grow digital scrapbooking in this side of the globe.
BUT NO.
Sometimes I feel like if I was more pro advertising, tried to sell banner space made the site less about getting to know one another and more about what to buy and who to buy from where the great sales are, who's got the next hotest thing then there would be more 'users' - both designer and scrapbooker alike posting....
But that really isn't a road I want to go down. I don't want to set this site up to make money for myself - which if I was selling add space I would be doing.
So I guess some serious thinking is on the cards still for this site. I hope in 2007 more people will be willing - regardless of what they can MAKE $$$ wise out of the site that they will see the benifits in just having a place to get to know one another - to support one another....
Thankfully there are some great people who have already done this. Some great girls who have just hung out and chatted up a storm. Who have had fun and gotten to know one another and I hope each and everyone of them has the best christmas ever!
Sorry just sometimes I wish people could be more about the community and less about the $$ ...



No comments:
Post a Comment