Nine Years Ago Today
Is in't it funny the things we remember.
Nine years ago today Stacy and I shared our first kiss.
I remember it well!
I was asked to baby sit my sisters house while she had some work done. Stacy only lived a few streets away from my sisters place. After much thought and much nervousness... I rang him and said that I was bored and asked him if he wanted to come over. [something I had been planning ever since I knew I was going to be house sitting at my sisters!] and of course he came over! - My sister still to this day doesn't know about this....
We spent a lot of the time talking on the veranda about stuff. More him asking me questions and me answering. I actually shocked him when he asked some pretty personal things and I told him the answers.
I don't know how it came about, but I think we both knew what was going to happen... We where standing together looking over the railing, I couldn't bring myself to make the first move... So he did. I don't think if memory serves me correctly that he had ever really kissed anyone before me?! ... [I had LOL]
So yes we had our first kiss - and then a whole lot more!! [No not that you dirty minded people]. Then it was official 'we where dating.
He had to leave as he had to go to work, he delivered piazzas!
That night, back home at my parents, sitting out on the balcony with all my family talking like we always did on a Friday night... My family where taking the piss out of me and laughing about my new 'boyfriend' - none of them knowing of course about what had gone on that day LOL!.
Then a white little Gemini goes down the road... My sister makes a great big joke out of it saying it's Stacy driving by to check up on me. We all laugh think that's funny and more teasing goes on....
Some time later [not sure if it was the next day or some time after the fact] when I'm telling Stacy of this little event, he laughs and goes "Yeah it was me!" - He had actually had a delivery out that way and had driven by in the hopes of seeing me outside!!! ROFLMAO! - how cute is that?!
Today I got to share even more kisses with Stacy.... Three years ago, this day was so hard, I spent all day wondering if he was thinking about me, did he know what day it was, and just heartbroken over the fact we'd never be together again.... Two years ago I know I thought for a moment about it... Wondered still if he had seen the date and remembered. Last year, I didn't even notice it. I missed it, but I did notice that I missed it - if that makes any sense?! I think I was proud that I hadn't marked it on the day.
Now. I can think about it. Now I can go, wow, who would have thought on that day nine years later we would have been through all this.
It feels like so long ago too... I don't feel like it was nine years ago, I don't feel as if I have know Stacy for that long.... but I have.



1 comment:
*sigh* ain't love grand.. what a lovely story Peta.. brought back my own similar memories.
Shelley :)
Post a Comment