Doesn't it just make you go GRR!?!
Well it makes me go GRR! That's for sure.
You see, dare I admit this? I lurk a little still around paper forums from time to time, I'm not an active member at any [not anymore although one still pulls me back in now and then *waves to the boxx girlies*] others I check out - Blue bazaar, SAM, Top 50 just every now and then I don't even log in!! LOL I swear that some times there is a paper scraper still in my wanting to get out, maybe one day I'll let her out again for a play but right now I just don't have the room/time or money really.
So why am I going GRR you ask!?! Well you see SAM {Scrap books and More} are running this really great comp at the moment. Here is a direct quote from the email for you [save me typing it all out :P]
***************
Scrapbooks and More (SAM) and Elsie Flannigan are pleased to announce our new Scrap 52 Challenge.Elsie and SAM have teamed up and are introducing this fun and exciting new challenge. Elsie has kindly agreed to join in the fun here at SAM so you will see her popping in to check out what we are doing and she will be judging the final competition.
Prizes galore
* Thousands of dollars in Gift Vouchers
* Special Autographed copies of Elsie's book, 52 Scrapbooking Challenges.
* A layout done by Elsie Flannigan for you!
There are 52 challenges in total. 2 per week. Every person that participates in all 52 challenges will receive a $25 gift voucher to use at SAM's.
You don't need the book to enter the competition but it is a great read!
***********
So I read this thinking - wow that's pretty cool. I wonder what the challenges are like? Read the challenege's and went hey I could do those, hey this could be fun, I'd love to take part in this [not that I would expect really to win something - but hey would be nice also - I don't have the book and would love a copy of it and on my budget there is no way in hell I'm getting it]...
I'm all set to start thinking about layouts to do and what not when I was surfing over some threads and read this from the owner of the store...
"paper layouts, no digital."
Someone had asked if they could do digital layouts.
Well you can imagine what I thought of that little beauty.
Yes people I know it's a paper store they want to sell papers blah blah blah. But you know what, this store is a LOCAL store to me, I might have been tempted to do some paper stuff at some point in the comp, might have even converted me back a little because I was thinking that it might be a good opportunity to maybe get into some cross style scraping - and actually start doing something I have wanted to do for AGES - combine both 'traditions'/styles'. But you know what now, with that reply. I remember WHY I disliked the whole paper community thing.
YES fair enough if they have made that choice to not have digitals. - But could you at least say more then just "paper layouts, no digital" - I mean come off it - could there not be a no sorry due to x we'd not be able to take on digital layouts for this, but do feel free to play along with the challenges still." No we don't 'rate' a cordial reply just a
no digital - not even a 'no digital thanks. - HA!
Well you know what I say to that... Actually you don't want to know what I say to that. I don't even really feel all that way inclined to Elsie now, even scratching the book off my book dream list.
I'm grumpy now! [In case you haven't noticed] - That little paper scraper inside is getting kicked back into her little corner again and she can stay there!!
After all when I can do layouts like this in digi - and it only cost me $3 all up [from Jen Wilson's Store] -who needs paper [the flowers alone would have cost me $15 if they had of been paper supplies!?!]
and the papers on this one would have cost me around $10 - and the kit cost me NOTHING as it's one of Tracy Ann's New ones [Vin]
So LONG LIVE DIGITAL I say!
Side note: Elsie if you read this [hahahaha] please note I now that it isn't something in your controll and you're just a figure head for the comp all challenged and rules are the store onwers at SAM's - I really am not going to cross the book of my dream list.
and additonal rant LOL You really have to wonder *why* they are so dead set aginst digital anyways, it's not like there is a huge amount of digital layouts in there gallery - a whole 49 of them with a whole 92 comments! I remember when I did actually *think* of spending more time over there, I was quickly turned off when told my layouts *HAD* to go into the Digital gallery vs just in my own personal members album! And you know what - I just went through trying to log in [had to get my pasword re set as I had forgotten it] I can't delete my OWN layouts?! - What on earth is up with that?! WOW. I really am finding even more reasons to go :P at them. I'm sure they don't care really, not like I'm an active member of the forum or spend billions of dollars in their store. But hey - I'm going to have a rant if I wana :P





5 comments:
Yep I am hearing you on all that you have said!!!
I think that is a major reason why I no longer visit any of the forums I used to. Couldn't be bothered with it if they can't see that digi is just as important and *real* as paper I wouldn't be bothered with them.
I LOVE the layout of the 2 of you so sweet and cute and it is really great to see you so happy.
Sandi :)
Hey Lady - feel free to rant, it's your blog! And I had the same feelings when I read it.
That Sunshine Girl layout is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
Laura
Yeah that really irkedme too when I read it. As i was reading i thought wow that sounds good.. but knew something "bad" was on its way seeing you were GRRR about it :P
OMG I LOVE your sunshine girl layout :) The photos look awesome piled up like that :)
Well said Peta. I'm a paper scrapper but I completely understand where you are coming from... I have other issues with the forum you mention - so a big fat raspberry from me too!!
Shelley :)
Amen Peta - who said you couldn't scrap with Jen stuff?! Your layouts are awesome and I bet that Sunshine layout gets picked for publication!!
Good luck!
*Gem*
Post a Comment