Sunday, September 10, 2006

Once upon a time

Aww it's my boy's birthday today!!

I can still remember the first time I had to try to FORGET that it was his birthday! It was hard as Tegan was due at this point in time and I was crossing all my fingers and toes that she would NOT be born on the 10 September - and she wasn't - she was born on the 5! - Yes I know bad auntie Peta made no mention of her little niece turning the big three on her blog on Tuesday - SLACKER!

Hey guess what - Tegan's now 3!!! LOL

I must say this has been a little bit 'awkward' for me... It's kind of odd to be a part of his life again and celebrating birthdays once more. I didn't get him anything for his birthday - because a/ I couldn't afford to and b/ because I couldn't work out anything to GIVE him - I don't know what he 'likes' anymore?!?! - that part of him has 'changed'. He didn't want anything anyways. But I did feel sad not to go to any 'effort' for his birthday. I was to sick on Friday to do anything for him when he was here - I wanted to cook him a great dinner but got to tired just going shopping for the stuff to make it. We ended up having Pizza!! ROFL.

I thought about scrapping a page for him about why I love him. But then felt that it was a little too soon for stuff like that - IYKWIM. Not quite ready for the cutie pie sweetheart lovey dovey layouts - YET ... LOL

I then thought about coming over here and writing a quick post just for him, but you guys don't want to read that do you :P well if you don't then look away now.....

Stacy - LOVE YOU - Happy birthday!!!


So in other news - Scrapwise - I had nothing really dyeing to be played with this weekend so I didn't scrap a thing!!!

Was starting to really seriously think about closing down wana be a digi star till I got some nice emails from past stars talking about their successes and a nice message from one of the designers who said how much she loved her star that she nabbed from the blog! - So that again makes me more sure that I'm doing the right thing - even if the support hasn't exactly been 'there' - still miffed that not one designer bothered to comment on my post at P4D ... but ahh BLAH BLAH BLAH WHINGE WHINGE WHINGE - shut up Peta! :)

Ohh and just cause I know I said I would have a vent about this awhile ago - Scrap Templates - Nope I'm not a fan, but then I don't scraplift either - not that I'm saying templates are scraplifts... but that scraplifting and templates are about following someone else 'design' - while you may change 'bits' and 'make it your own' - you're still following someone else's design style... I can't do it!! I have to say I find seeing the same design over and over again in the galleries drives me bonkers!!! With the first glance you generally take in the 'arrangement' of a layout - not so much 'details' like colors of papers etc - just the over all composition and ya know when I'm sweeping over with that first glance in a gallery and see more then once the same composition it does my head in and makes me have to leave the gallery I CAN'T TAKE IT!! ROFL. The other trouble I have is that when I do find one that wow's me and I go to comment on it ... what do you say? I am one to always be very careful when commenting on a layout that has been scraplifted to not go "Ohh I love your design" - or anything else that really relates to the composition of the layout because that isn't the 'posters' work [that sounds harsh] - but I do feel that by saying that you're not really giving the poster a compliment on their work but the person who they have scraplifted. Does that make sense? [yes I know it's not a hard and fast rule there are exceptions to the rules but I'm talking in generalistic terms here :P]

I think some of those templates are very creative and very funky - some I wish hell why didn't I come up with that idea myself... but yes ... Not a template fan.

Still have my cough! Hope it is gone by Wednesday!

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Wish Stacy a Happy birthday for me :)

Templates.....hmmm never used any and don't have any, oops no I do have a quick page album set... although I do scraplift, or at least am often "inspired by" layouts both in the galleries and magazines.
My personal opinion is that templates would be really good for quick pages say for a gift album. I have used a set of Tracy Ann's for an album for my sister and she loved it.... BUT do I want to see the same design posted over and over again in the gallery....no, not really. But that is just my opinion....

Lisa said...

Im with you on the templates issue. I used one for a CT assignment to get the templates "out there" and it just felt like it wasnt my layout.. it atcually took me forever to finish! LOL I like my stuff to be unique and "me". but if i had to do an album for a friend / relative well that might be a different story seeing as they wouldnt make it into my gallery for teh word to see! ROTFL

Happy birthday to Tegan and Stacy :)