Thursday, August 10, 2006

Sand in my Shoes

Gosh well now there is something I haven't experieced before - no not sand in my shoes.

But lines in the sand - crossing them and being unsure on what is and isn't 'right'.

Did you ever have your heartbroken by someone - and then years latter meet up with them again to find old feelings, but things have now changed and you're just friends?

I know this is a position I've put myself in and I'm free to walk away from it when ever I want.

This is just something I have to get out of my head so I can sleep.

It's so strange to know where the lines in the sand are now, what I can say, what I can't say and what I shouldn't say. How hard is it to stop being that person you once where? With all those memories those jokes, those most intermit moments that no one else will ever know about but you two...

Is it 'okay' to be makeing jokes about that past relationship. To be 'flirting' with the past?

Most of it was light fun and just normaly sillyness - but when does that cross the line into a part that should not be 'open'...

Sometimes I think I have the hadit of not thinking about what I'm saying, sure it's fine to share, to laugh and remember - but some times I should hold back. Sometimes I say to much.

Mixed emotions tonight. Happy, light and joyful with a little sense of sadness and worry.

Maybe it's just late and I should go to bed.

But I do have to say being friends with an ex is certainly an interesting chanage .... a good one - but something I have to grow into.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

I really want to leave a comment on this post but I have no idea what to say! I know exactly where you are coming from - I hope you can work it out Peta :).

Shelley :)

Jodie said...

Well I have no idea what to say either! And I know you are probably thinking "well thats a first" ROFLOL!
I suppose like all things it just takes time to see how everything fits... hang in there hun.

Anonymous said...

Hey Peta- Not sure if I've ever mentioned this, but one of my best friends is an ex. He was a friend before the relationship, and I think we have an even better one now (and he's dating one of my best friends....). Just have to "go with the flow" on these things I think....see where it takes you, but know when to let go if it's no longer worth the effort. :) T.