While I was sleeping....
: (
Very heartbroken today.

Doug Anthony All Stars [aka Daas]
24-04-91 - 20-05-06
My Daasie boy is gone : (
I went down to hang out some washing last night, and checked up on Daas as he heard him *crying* [something that isn't uncommon since he started to get older and develop arthrtis in his hips] - it was the hearing him constantly drinking while I was hanging out the washing that made me go over and check up on him ..... what I found was him siting on the ground - his back legs over the metal fame of the bed and his front half on the other side right beside the water bucket. He couldn't walk. He couldn't get over his back legs over the bed. And i guess he was drinking because he was in pain and exhausted from trying to lift himself over it. I got rid of the bed. Gave me a bickie and watched him stumbling about trying to walk. It broke my heart. I sat with him and looked at his big sad eyes and knew that this would be the last time that I ever sat with him.
I cried. I waited for mum to get home from work [she does night shift] told her, we both checked on him, moved the water bucket closer to him as he had somehow moved a distance away from it. It took me for ever to go to sleep... How could I sleep? When I woke up this morning the first thing I did was go down stairs to find him. He wasnt there. I came up stairs and asked where the big hairy one was to find out that my Dad had gotten up that morning and taken him to the vets. I am kind of angry about this. I wish they had of woken me I would have liked to have driven to the vets in the car with Daas and held him one more time. But sadley I woke up to find out he was gone.
: (



15 comments:
Oh Peta, I am so sorry! Please believe that he knew you loved him and just being there with him last night probably meant the world to him. Hugs to you......
I'm so sorry Peta for your loss! They(our pets) can be so much like children to us. I feel so much empathy for you right now and hope that you will remember all the fond times. Blessings!
Oh.. so sorry to hear that Peta! {{{hugs}}}
{{{Big Hug}}} Peta, so sorry to hear your news. Try and remember the good times... at least you were able to be there with him last night.
So sad for you, Peta! :(
Oh Peta.....you poor thing! I too hope you focus on the good fun times and not the sadness of his last day.
Pets ARE part of the family and so hard to lose.
Hugs to you.
Sandi :(
Oh Peta, how terrible.... I feel for your loss.
{{hugs}} honey....
So sorry to hear this Peta - Animals hold such special places in our hearts and it is hard to see them in pain. I would love to see a tribute to him in your layouts - he sounds like he was a wonderful dog.
Take care...
Oh, Peta....big hugs to you today. Animals hold such soft spots in our hearts...I'll definitely be thinking of you. :)
oh no! i am so sorry to hear that. (hugs)
Peta this was so sad to read, this has happened to me too and I know it will again. But we really wouldn't have been without them. hugs to you....
So sad to hear that Peta
xxxx
*hugs* So sorry about your loss :( What a gorgeous dog! What breed is that?
I know its not much comfort at the moment, but at least he is out of pain and walking freely now.
{{{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}}}
I came to your blog from a email that I received at Yahoo Groups. So, I don't speak english very well. Here in Brazil is late, but I could't go away without saying you some words. In july 1997 I lost my first dog. Before my dog arrive in my life I was afraid of dogs. He died in my arms. I know how sad is you pain. See our "son" die with pain. Just think that dogs are angel. So, you won't be with him, but his love is forever. And there is a place, heaven, where we will meet all the people and animals we loved at this life.
A big hug for you.
Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry!!!!!
Post a Comment