Wedding Report
Firstly I have to say ... I really do take bad photos!! Only a handful have worked out well enough to get posted here - and that is because I ripped off Rachie's idea hehe and did Buddy photos! ;)
The wedding itself was magical!!! The bride was STUNNING all in RED! I wish I could show you, but you'll just have to take my word for it. The boys where very dashing in their suits [full coats] and the girls where beautiful in black!! Very classic and spiffy. LOL. I have to say the whole ceremony was very much Jane and Rick. Not overly *serious* - fun and funny - and totally sweet and romantic really!! :)
Sadly it RAINED, it was raining when we got there so we all got wet, was raining through out the ceremony [thankfully they where in the chapel for that!] it rained after the ceremony and it pretty much rained all night.
The reception was to die for. Very very elegant although one member of the bar staff could of done with lessons in casual conversation and what *is* and *isn't* appropriate!! - asking a guy in a wheel chair if he's having fun being 'lazy' just because the guy can actually stand up at the bar is not appropriate - not all people in wheel chairs are in them because they have broken backs!! Sorry I could rant on about "little boy" [he looked all of 12!] all night. He was a bit of a how shell you say - a dick!
Most importantly though - the company was excellent. I got to sit at a able with four others - the lovely Miz Bec, and Miz Belinda and their 'boys' Luke and Stephen].
Background: Bec, Bel, Jane [bride], and me all meet through an internet wedding forum over two years ago. When I was engaged [many moons ago] I use to hang around this forum and have made MANY friends from there - and meet over 100 people from that site IRL. I actually stayed around after I broke up with my fiancée purely because of the friendships I had made there - those girls actually saw me through the whole brake up process. Some I still see and talk others I don't but remember fondly. It's strange how you can form bonds online - but hey lets not go into that now.
Anyways... I have actually also been to Bel's and Bec's weddings last year.... maybe one day they'll all get to come to mine - and now I've added Jane to the list :)
I must say that it's a dangerous idea to put us all on the same table!! here is a list of what we got up to...
While waiting 'patiently' for the bride and groom to arrive. Some members of the group sneakily attacked their dinner rolls by hollowing them up, leaving what appeared to be a 'complete' dinner roll beside them but was in fact a dinner roll with a great big hole in the bottom. [hehe]
Certain Members may or may not have once done with attacking certain bread products, turned their attention to the table decorations [chocolate hearts] and found funny and clever ways to 'hide' the wrappings from said decorations [hiding under plates, mats and even in the rose's in the center of the table!] When bride and Groom finally made their way over to the table to say hello, other certain members of the table may have joked and stated "Look we didn't get any chocolate hearts on our table." The Groom and Bride did laugh at the naughty behavior and in true sprit - the bride did go 'steal' more chocolates off a near by table... Which I might add only served to make certain male table members sneakily steal decorations from side table that had been cleared off for dinner and had decorations left behind. But the really highlight has to be when after cutting the cake and the Bride and Groom walked past the table in question to make their way to the dance floor the Groom did 'secretly' throw a chocolate onto the table that he had stolen off the cake table.... [rolfmao]
So - in short [haha] I had a great time!!
Now time for the photos
The table center BEFORE certain members of the table got a little peckish- note the red ones are the chocolate hearts - the black ones are just rocks - you couldn't eat them!
The Cake with the cute little bride and groom figures - doesn't she look beautiful in her red dress?? LOL
Buddy photos!!Top is Bec and Luke who have been married now for just over a year and have two beautiful children! Middle is Jane and Rick the newlyweds!! Bottom is Bel and Stephen who had to put up with me singing in the car on the way to the wedding - singing in the car on the way home from the wedding and also had to put up with me taking over their lounge room this morning! [thanks Bellie and Stev!!]
and lastly - my faviourit photo from the day... taken as leaving of the fountain in the garden [yes I know I'm nuts]







5 comments:
Ohhhhh, you've had SUCH a great time ... what fun! Glad it was such a blast ... :)
how fun! Love the photos!!!
Michelle
Sounds like you had a fabulous time... love the photos and that wedding cake is gorgeous, very funky!
gawd, if I hadda known my ugly mug was gonna make it up here I would of at LEAST smiled!! lmao!!
You left out: that you were chatting up said 12 year old at the end of the night. We were called LADIES by the bride (OBVIOUSLY drunk already), Bec and I sang and danced to the grease megamix,the whole "eeyore and monty" thing (rick picked who we were lol), and Luke and I talking computers while the rest of the table looked on in confusion.
It was a FANTASTIC night, and you summed it up so beautifully.
Belinda
(ps. you snore. Mercury, Bart and Fabio were traumatised and I have since booked them into counselling)
Peta:
Thank you for coming to the wedding. We will have to catch up soon. Jane
Post a Comment