Saturday, May 6, 2006

just a little bit popular

So anyone else want to scraplift my little super star layout???

My Original

Shawna's lift

Tiffany's Lift

Teresa's Lift


How Funny is that??
Also on the scraplift funny front: RacheL Scraplifted my scraplift of Gail .....

Gail's Original

My Scraplift of Gail's Orignal

Rachel's scraplift of my scraplift of Gail's Orignal [roflmao]


So anyone else want to join in??

In other news. I was so excited to open my email before and find a had a whole new lot of emails - 8 emails WOW I was thinking I must of been needed while I was out on my non big backside watching hours and hours of press gang eposides [i'm in heaven btw hehe] ... only to be disapointed in the fact that I had eight emails from eight different scrapbooking sites all about national scrapbooking day .... ARGH!! I don't know if I should be sad or thankful that I have no money at the moment. I know I'm sad about the kits that I would love to buy that are on specail right now but on the other side of the coin is I know me I know I'd buy to much just becasue it's on sale, never use it and then it was just a waste of money really. So I'll go about my normal way of waiting for a kit I just have to have right there and then enough to actually spend the little money I might have and pay full price for it - after all really the stuff isn't that expensive in the first place!!

Thirdly: I want to leave you with this question.

What makes an ultimate digital scrapper?

I'd been keen to hear what others think of this idea. For me it's a mix of things. Of course great style and photos has to be key features. But I think to be an ultimate you have to be more then just good/excellent or have that wow factor... I think - and this is just my opinion of it all ... you also have to be someone who gives back to the digital comunity. It's one thing to produce great works sure... but I think that the ultimate digital scrapper might not be someone who's work is the best - but someone who's work is still well done, inspirational and what not - but they are also someone who comments back to people, praises and encourages... in short gives back the 'support' they recieve. I know I always look up to these kinds of digi scrappers. To me they are the ultimate ones.

Last Note: National Scrapbooking Day deals you might want to know about.
Check out www.sweetshoppedesign.com - Great free kit with any purchase - and while you're there check out the great new kit from Sandar Boddignton... also
Check out Tracy Ann Robinson's blog for info on above mentioned free kit at sweet shoppe as well as at discount for her store at www.scrapbook-byte.com, ALSO a surprise going up on her blog SOON
Check out Dani's blog for some great savings and fanstic previews of the circle of friends kit - this is awesome and this one kit makes me sad about having no money today ;)

5 comments:

Michelle W. said...

you freakishly rock star!

(why didn't you drop by the late nite thread to see me, ME!)

lol

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Peta, I swear you are a diamond in the rough! Love all the scraplifting pages ... magnific!

I'll throw my 2 cents in. I agree with you 100%. I think an ultimate digi scrapper should have the good stuff - good designs, excellent craftmanship on the computer, mix in some 'wow' factors, combine products that make you drool and be an inspiration.

But the 'be an inspiration' really speaks to me. Inspiration just doesn't mean fab layouts. Inspiration comes in many forms. The digital community is closely-knit in a way and the scrapper should contribute because for her to be 'recognized' someone's giving her praise and inspiration.

So, to inspire others by uplifting them through her design or by giving praise or helping to lead the industry helps too. Okay, I didn't mean to take up all your posting space! But thanks for asking your readers ... and I didn't go out for the contest so I'm free to yap it up! :)

Nancy Comelab said...

Peta, first of all, congratulations.. I saw your name on the list!

Secondly, I agree with your post on the Ultimate Digi Scrapper. I too believe that being an inspiration comprises of many things, such as of course good design, personality and a heart - as in being part of the community like you said, and giving something back.

Good luck on round two, Peta, and have fun creating.

Anonymous said...

WOW..... wonderful pages! And I feel like to make some for myself and Tracy's stuff are wonderful, too... err... err... only if I have enough money lol..... come back to check on your blog and take care !

Rachael said...

That is such a hoot but I am so embarassed I didnt realize I was lifting a lift, rotfl :)