Saturday, April 29, 2006

I'm broke

or other wise titled - weddings are expensive. And not just for the people getting married!! Gosh I'm flat broke now. I had to go out and buy a new top for the wedding today as the dress I was going to wear a/ doesn't fit so well anymore [have put on 6 killos in the last month or so big change for the girl who NEVER puts on weight. I mean I've been the same weight for the last 4 years! ie fat - now I'm fatter! ] b/ the dress also has a rip in the seam down the side c/ I don't have any black shoes as I broke my last pair [forgot about that] ... So $50 latter I now have something that is wearable and doesn't look like I'm wearing a tent or worse a hand me down from my nana!!

It was quite hard to find something to wear - I could of resorted to an old outfit I have but it has already seen two weddings and a funeral ... [and both weddings the bride to be has been to...] and not only that - the outfit/top is red - and seeing as the bride to be's dress is all in red I wanted to aviod wearing red for the wedding and even black and white where out as I believe that's what the bridesmaids are in!! [ARGH!!] So going with brown-gold and blue!

I also realised today that I couldn't get alway with 'hideing' the fact my hair needs another colour. So yeap have to colour my hair tonight! More money spent on buying products to hide those nasty greys!

THEN add in pressie /card /drinks tomorrow night... gosh weddings are expensive.

But it will be a fun night and I'm looking forward to it.

I guess I should explain my other post a little about the whole won't be around - it's more of a if I disappare don't worry and a if you don't 'hear' from me or see me around the normal 'haunts' it's just that I have some things to do that are takeing up my time. I might be *here* though more then anywhere else - so yes you'll still *hear* from me. I like writing everyday and have to change my music don't I!

After last nights post I did another layout... something for the black book...

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Love the LO Peta, have a fun night at the wedding!

Robin said...

Have fun! I was in 2 weddings and a guest at a 3rd all with in 1 year. I think I'm still paying it all off between the clothes, gifts, showers, etc.!