Tuesday, April 4, 2006

The end.

Have you ever seen someone from the back and thought it was someone you know, run up to them and thrown your arms around them only to find out that it wasn't the person you thought it was, that you have just accousted some poor strange.

No.

Me either.



:)


Okay Birthday Report and thank you's.
Thank you to everyone here who posted their birthday wishes!
Thank you to everyone on two pea's who did like wise and everyone on my DT's forums/groups.
Thank you to all the girls who posted on Scrapboxx with their B'day wishes.
Thank you to Teresa, Juzzie and Tracy for their birthday cards!
Just thank you to everyone who gave me a reason to smile today!!

Now my computer is working - crazy thing. Hopefully it will stay that way or I will have to take to it with an axe!!! [after I have saved the hard drives of course!]

Three of my old friends did actually get in contact with me and wish me a happy birthday... I cried when I got each of their messages as it did mean a lot to know that even though our friendships have been rocky, have been distant and have gone through major changes. They still remember and think of me :) [I must do my utmost to make an effort in remembering them in turn IYKWIM]

and lastly. My friend [S] did show up today. Although she didn't stay till the lecture so left me at the pub early. But that's okay!!

And with that I have a little story to tell. Not sure if I mentioned it but I know the Guy [L] who works at the Uni bar - I've known him for three years nearly. He was the first person I meet at QUT. It was orientation day and we got talking [we both started mid year so there wasn't that many people at orientation] and after that we where in a few classes together so we got to know each other pretty well, for a long time we had at least one class together every sememster but last year that came to an end and we where in totaly different classes - pluss with me being part time also didn't help. So didn't see much of each other at all. I knew he worked at the bar but I never really went there...

So was very happy when I went up there that first tuesday to find him working. It was just like old times. And it's had it's benifits too like last week when we got up there all the tables outside where taken. I whinged to L and asked if I could take one of the inside tables outside - to which he said sure and then also said "give me a sec and I'll move one out for you" - haha. We got a few comments outside about how lucky we where. LOL! And as S said - helps to know the bar staff!

When S found out it was my birthday she went up to the bar to buy me a drink - and of course while she was there she told L it was my birthday!! [ARGH] .... L was very check and put ice in my drink - it's an in joke between us he always asks me if I want ice and trys to give me ice but I always tell him to stick his ice!! HAHA ... but that's not all.... A little while later I see him opening the outside door and he had a balloon in his hand - Soon as I saw that I knew what he was up to!!!!

Sure enough out he came with a muffin with a candel jammed in it, a big red balloon with "Happy birthday Peta" written on it and the balloon was tied to a bottole of smirnoff red [my 'useual' well when I'm not having a kalua and coke or a midori and lemonade LOL]....

If that wasn't enough to make me turn the same colour as the balloon ... it didn't end there!! Can you imagine a patio filled with uni students drinking the night away... and a guy walks out holding a balloon and a muffin with a candel stuck in it... Yeap. All eyes where on him and then all eyes where on me. I got happy birthday sung to me by a patio filled of university students!!!! [argh] - and worse still most of them where from my next class!!!

it was so sweet - so embrassing - but the nicest night ever!!! I think it's the best birthday I have had in a very long time!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Peta ended up having an awesome birthday! LOL I'm so glad. Sounds like you had lots of fun...you deserve it.

Dianne said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like your birthday ended up being quite a blast.

ksharonk said...

So GLAD you ended up having a cool birthday! And the best part is ... you get to do it all over again next year! ;)

katef said...

oh yay! so great to hear the day ended on a good note!!!

Sue (aka Susieq2u) said...

So glad it was a blast - Peta! Happy Belated Birthday! thinking of you always puts a smile on my dial - oh now Ill be singing kiddies songs all day!

justine said...

I'm glad it all ended on a good note. You definitely deserved a better day than the start of it.

Sam said...

wow Peta!!!
Glad it turned out so well for you!
You deserve it