My Generation
I was searching today for the computers name in Electric Dreams as I wanted to double check my memory. I have a hazy one of this movie and the fact that I adored it when growing up. This quest lead me to a site filled with 80's movies and Omgollygosh the memories just came flooding back all those great movies that I loved to watch growing up that I have for the most part forgotten about. So for some fun I'm going to sit here and list all the ones that I can think of that where 'special' to me...
1. Splash - I loved watching this - I wanted to be a mermaid watching this Daryl Hannah was just so stunning!!!
2. Electric Dreams - This was just such an imaginative movie - a computer coming to life! I can close my eyes and still see the part of the movie where the guy spills the champagne into the computer - to funny!
3. Never Ending Story - A much loved childhood movie. Although not the same now I've grown up [also found this with Labyrinth - just didn't have the same feel to it when I was older]
5. Dead Poets Society - I can still remember where I first saw this, at my cousins place. I remember being so shocked and upset Neil killed himself! - and I also remember thinking Ethan Hawke was such a hottie hehe. The end scene where they all stand up on the desks is such a powerful scene!
6. The Goonies - I so wanted to find my own pirate ship!! What an adventure, I wanted an adventure like that!! Didn't hurt that it also had Corey Feldman in it!
7. Dream a Little Dream/License to Drive - I don't remember these two movie at all but I know I loved them - funny that. All I can remember is watching them over and over to get a Corey Hame & Corey Feldman fix!!
8. Lost Boys - Talking all things "Corey & Corey" -hehe [pick the Corey fan] I LOVED this movie - was soooooooooo cool!!! I still love it to date even though it will STILL also scare the pants off me ROFL. - and LOVE Keither Sutherland in this.
9. Flatliners - Ahh because I thought of Keither - this movie was sooo scary too I know I loved it but it's not a movie I can watch again and again - I've wanted to watch it a few times then remembered how scary it is so have to watch something else ROFL [Great performances from all the cast - Oliver Platte, Julia Roberts, Kevin Bacon] *although by definition this is a 90's film - just looked on IMD it was made in 1990! - but I'm leaving it here :P
10. Short Circuit - Number Five is Alive!!! - I recently got to watch this again and omgosh I laughed my ass off!! -and not at how 'lame' it is now but it is/was actually funny!!!
11. Earth Girls are Easy - I don't know if I saw this in the Eighties - I think not - but man I love this movie - total crack up!!
12. Top Gun - haha with my family background it was assured I would see this movie a "FEW" times - I do so love this one - even if it does have tom in it!! But evened out with the addition of ICE MAN - Val baby!! Sadly I could quote many parts of this movie at you and even sing a few of the songs by heart too - it's hard to pick a fav bit but the Bar scene would be up there - "You never close your eyes any more when I kiss your lips, you're trying hard not to show it baby.. but baby I know it ...Excuses me Miss is this guy bothering you ..... "You've lost that loving feeling ohhh www that loving feeling"- I love it when the other guy actually takes over the singing - you know the 'bit' actor. AND have to love Meg Ryan’s bit part as Carole - Hey Goose ya big stud, Goose: that's me honey Carole: Take me to bed or lose me for ever Goose: Show me the way home honey... Ohh damn I've just given myself away haven't I - sign me up for the dorks anonyms! .. I feel the need the need .. for a top gun fix now
HAHA where was I... ohh okay... how about - FLASH AHH AHH Savior of the universe - LOVE 13.Flash Gordon!! - Got to love it - not only for the Queen sound track but hehe the story was soo COOL
Thinking of that makes me think of 14. Super Girl - MAN I watched that movie over and over and over .... LOVED IT - one day I hope I can get a copy of that one!!
15. Stand By Me - a Corey one again I do believe - loved my Corey movies!! I had a bit of a thing for the Corey boys - can ya tell! ;) -I think in the 90's I graduated to a Christian Slater and River Phoenix 'thing' hehe - although will always have a soft spot for the Corey's
16. The Outsiders - such a brilliant movie!
17. Desperately Seeking Susan - OMGosh I so love that!! So excited when I found it on Video again a few years back - Priceless!
18.Ten Wolf - haha how sad are those now!! - they just keep making them too!! Young Guns - this would be my all time fav 'western' - although actually Young Guns Two more so ... because it's got yummy Christian Slater in it ;) - but Emilo, Keither and Lou Diamond Phillips are the ones that REALY stand out in this one for me!!
19. Ghost Busters - Funny enough I HATE this movie now... Loved it though when I was a kid. I can still remember going to see it - We went to the drive in and my Parents made us kid pretend we where asleep so they didn't have to pay for us to get in [ROFLMAO!!] and I remember they wouldn't tell us what we where going to see so at the both to get in we peaked and saw the Ghost busters sticker on the window [I have a vivid memory of seeing this!] and I think I might of let out a little squeak of excitement and got shh'd HAHA!!
20. The Color Purple - another great POWERFUL movie. This movie just leaves me with chills I love every bit of it!! Whoopie Gooldberg is just BRILLIANT. I just really really love the story of this actually .... BRILLIANT movie - if you have never seen it - do yourself a favor! and o
of course you have your 'standards' -Heathers, Breakfast Club, Star Wars 1, 2 and 3, The Princess Bride, Karate Kid- wax on wax off hehe Footloose, Highlander, Gremlins, Full Metal Jacket [totaly my dad's fault on that one!] ET etc etc... LOTS AND LOTS of stuff really I'm sure I could dig into my memory for a lot more!! But then you will all go to sleep and not do what I'm about to ask you.... I want to see your special movies list and why they are special - can be any era really or you can stick with the 80's .. hehe [such a great era for movies really!] ... go on dig them out of your memory box and re live those moments again.
I so need to get my hands on top gun and Super Girl as I really want to watch both of those after this!!



5 comments:
Oh talk about a walk down memory lane!!! he he he loved your list... have fond memories of a lot of those... but by far my all time favo was Dirty Dancing... 'I carried a watermelon!?!?' but not sure if this was 80's or later?? Still a fond memory from my teen years!
Oh the memories!!! I LOVED Teen Wolf! My brother and I would watch it over, and over, and over...I actually watched it again the morning after my wedding...weird huh?
and thanks for commenting on my blog...you know when the music starts running...ya gotta wrap it up!!! :)
LOL Im ashamed to say that I have half of these on DVD and still watch them regularly!! Stand by Me, Top Gun, Dead poets society...But reading this list has made me want to get ALL of them on DVD ROTFL
Oh Smeg its going to be no shock to you that we have Goonies, Lost Boys and Top Gun [of which I know every word have known since Year 12] Princess Bride and Never ending story!
I adored Dead Poets Society and I havent seen it for years.I have seen every movie on your list except for Full Metal Jacket!
Nice taste.
you know, we have the goonies on DVD. Glad I didn't tell you last time you were over!!
Phantom was much better. Hmmmmmmm, dungeons...
Belinda xoxo
Post a Comment