Sunday, February 12, 2006

Proud, Vanity, Conceited and a big head.

Okay - was going to post this up on DW but thought buggar it I'll post this here.

There are a few things on my mind at the moment ... after reading Mary Fran's "Not Much" blog post I started to wonder if I was more of a 'teller' then a 'talker' the more I think about it the more I think I am a Teller... most of my blog entries haven't been very 'conversational'. Maybe I'm just not good at those? And I guess with this silly new addiction to my stats counter - I can see how many people have stopped in and omgosh if each of the left comments my email would explode!! [I get all my comments emailed to me so I don't miss any ROFL]
Now that got me thinking about what others blog about, what makes me comment etc etc. And yeap.. It's more then just simple things. It's the posts that make me think and make me have something in turn to express.

Now Fee's comment last night got me thinking on something first the background - I checked out Fee's blog and posted a comment having a giggle over the fact that her blog link's list consist of Ali Edwards, Heather Ann.. and ME ... and saying that it made me look important being listed with such 'big' names ha-ha!! Fee replied back here last night with a little note to not go getting a big head over the esteemed company that I'm being kept in there!

Now -this next bit has nothing to do with either comments - after all both are just to darn funny [if I do say so myself] ... BUT it did get me thinking about the line between being 'PROUD" of something and being "CONCEITED" about something.

I've in the past been 'charged with being a bragger, and being I guess in some way 'Up myself' because of that behavior. And .. I can't say I'm not guilty ... I do love to yell from the highest mountain when I have 'succeeded' ... Only yesterday I was chatting to an old Digi friend who I haven't talked to in AGES and just had to fill them in on the fact that I got a layout in Simple Scrapbooks Digital 5 ...

But does that make me conceited? or Up Myself?

I hope not.

I just like to dance and tell the world that WAHOO look what I did. I do take great pride in my achievements and I'm not afraid to toot my own horn in that regard - because they way I look at it, I only have a things to toot my horn about now days and If I don't toot hehe who's going to??

Some part of me does worry that it's seen as me being a 'big noter', thinking I'm better then others or having tickets on myself....

I think it's a hard line to walk.

When does sharing become bragging, when does being proud of what you have done become being conceited?

6 comments:

katef said...

oh now that's a good question.... mind you I don't at all get the feeling that you brag... ever... I mean this blog thing is always going to be a bit self centred as it's normally you posting about you!

BethJ said...

Ouch! My head hurts trying to work that out!!!

Nicole Finlayson said...

Peta, I don't think you have anthing to worry about. i think blogging is a bit exhibitionist anyway. If it bothers anyone, they won't read it.

Don't apologise no matter if you're a teller or a talker. yeah my head kind of hurts too - rofl!!!

Anonymous said...

I really think being proud turns into conceit whe you stop caring about other people.
Not something I see you doing at all.

Keep up the good work and Hey!...if my digi scrapbooking looked as good as yours I'd be tooting my own horn as well...hehehe!!

Kelly Pyron said...

My momma always said "If you got it,flaunt it!" Not really... she never said that...(LOL!) but seriously... I don't think there is anything wrong with tooting your horn now and then! It is a good thing to be proud of your accomplishments!

Fee said...

No way girl you should be proud of your achievements...if heaps of people are coming to visit you its obviously for a reason - your interesting and do lots of scrapping (unlike me! LOL) so enjoy. Besides your blog is meant to be a place where you can do a bit of show and tell. But one thing I will say is that you may have crossed the line when you start signing autographs ,wearing sunnies inside and planning a worldwide promotional tour complete with your own tour bus stocked with all those things that a star scrapper needs...now thats when we might have a problem. he he he

:)