Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Don't know how they do it.

I feel like I'm swimming in a big sea of digi kits at the moment - it's all good but OMGosh I feel so overwhelmed.

I've never been one to 'spend' up big and buy heaps of kits [mainly because I just don't have that kind of money] or evne go crazy 'freebie' hunting. Actually I never really went freebie hutting...

Thanks to the wonderful events at digi scrap diva's I was lucky enough to win over $50 worth of Digi kits ... OMGOSH! Some of it I shared - as Sandi is a huge Shabby Princess fan I thought I would give her a treat and Kristie was more then happy for me to 'spreed' the Shabby Princess love - ie pass on my GC to Sandi :) [that Princess is such a sweetie!!] I also had a GC for Shabby Elements - and you all know how much I love Dianne Rigdons stuff - this was almost as good as being asked to be on the Shabby Elements DT hehe!!! BUT whouldn't you know it I spend most of my GC and when I go back in to download it - who's having a sale!!! 30% off till the end of Feb - DAMIT!! ROFL - I could of stocked up on lots more - Ohhh well can't really complain can I? hehe.

I still have a GC to use at www.digiscrappin.biz from Amanda Lee ....

So I have HEAPS of new kits - and this is not to mention the stuff I brought in an OLD Jen Wilson Sale [her Mum's Birthday one - not her recent Dad's Birthday Sale] that I am still yet to use!! [I actually find it hard to work with Jen's kits - I know I'm going to burn in the fires of scrapbooking hell for saying that out loud aren't I - there is nothing wrong with the kits - they ROCK but they just don't *gasp* inspire me at the moment]

I also have the Paper and Ribbons Packs from Tracy Ann Robinson siting in my folders just begging to be used, and I so want to use them but just can't find the 'perfect' photos yet for them, I keep visiting them and saying hello though, one day they will get a work out!

NOW - add to this my new DT spot.... OMGOSH Dani is EVIL [in the best way of course] my first month with her see's additions to her Calander Set - so this means... I need to get my hands on the Calander CD [woe is me rofl] ... So now I have a YEARS worth of digi kits and all the new cool Alphas that are comeing out this month.... so much stuff!!

*deap breath*

I'm totaly swimming in digital kits ...

I really don't know how people can speend $100 on kits in one go - I'd just go into shock. I guess that's cause I can't let kits go unused - I have to use them... and I feel so naughty with so many 'new' kits in my folders going unused and unloved.


So anyways - enough waffel.... Here is a new layout for you [and funny enough - I had to actually go and download this one as I couldn't find anything that would 'work' with these photos - I have no idea what was up with that but ... it didn't fall into place no matter what I tried to use until I saw Dani's Candy Hearts Set and it all just fell together - and it's perfect if I DO say so myself. These aren't very 'good' photos but the memory is one worth saving and that is what the whole point of this 'thing' isn't it?!?

{credits: Candy Hearts Paper and Eblishment Packs by Dani Mogstad at www.designbydani.com Tearing from Stephanie Krush at www.digitalpapertearing.com Fonts: Texa Hero}

Also - just because I know you all need more to read! - I've become addicted to putting those little white borders around my photos, I was thinking on this one that I should try not to do it on my next layout, but have decided to revoke that idea and have decided I LIKE the photos like that and I might keep it as a "me" thing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these little white broders as well. Lucky you have all those kits...that would be fun

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about swimming in the kits! I am overwhelmed by all mine so I am just trying to work with my creative team kits first and then worry about all the stuff I have bought! I have been on Maya's ScrapbookGraphics team since late December and I have 10gb worth of stuff! Yikes!! She has great resources and P.S She is having 50% off for one day only in the next couple of days...so start saving and go nuts...he stuff is awesome!

*Gemma*

ksharonk said...

Drowning in kits ... I LOVE the feeling, lol! Now ... I wanna see at least five layouts a day ... ;)

BethJ said...

I would have a hard time just sorting them all out let alone using any!!!!! But sounds like fun!!!!