Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Mother of a Computer!!

Well I'm on my new old comptuer - we did a transplant!! We think it may have been my mother board that was the issue.... Thankfully all my info is still here!!! I'm off to the shops in a sec as I'm going to get my a dvd burner and some disks to back everything up on!!! [one scare is enough] I made sure last night to keep my 80g drive safe and sound [didn't really care about the 20g one as that's all replaceable for the most part] I'd have cried for a week if the 80g one was damaged - it has all my layouts all my kits all my music all my documents!!!

So happy about that!!!

Only thing is - the damn computer is STILL playing up but.. it works. Tried to use my tablet and photo shop it chucked a mental and kept self closeing and starting again GRRR!

So steps are - buy DVD Burner - Install DVD Burner - Burn everything to DVD - Format 80g Drive - Transfer operating system from 20g drive to 80g drive - Format 20g Drive - Transfer Operating system [maybe] back to 20g drive - Reintall stuff.

I'm exhausted just thinking about it all - might add in clean up room and desk so that have room to work in there somewhere too!

2 comments:

ksharonk said...

I'm exhausted reading it too, lol! I'm off to do some backing up, just in case my computer decides to join yours! :)

Cassandra said...

OH... that is good news in part...

better you than me doing all that work, and my computer had better not get any ideas about joining in!!