Seeing as you mad women asked for it here it is - my limited educated - limited informed and off the cuff rant about Work Place Reforms.
I just can not see how any logical person can even begin to believe that these 'work place reforms' will not be 'abused' that employers won't do the whole "Ohh well you don't want to sign, that's okay I'll just find someone else that is happy to work under these conditions" ... Isn't there enough competition for jobs already???
And sure those sort after meggaly important people who are 'special' will be fine - I mean they'll be able to BARGIN with their employers as they know they can walk away and get what they want else where still... But about Joe Blow who's struggled in medi-oka work who isn't really 'special' and can be replaced next week with John Smith .... What about him??? What BARGINING power does he have???
Personally from the little that I have heard, seen and read - Just yet another system to be put in place to look after those who can afford to look after themselves and step on those who can't.
While I'm sure there are some *good* points to it ... I don't think that this will be of benefit to the local lad standing in the unemployment lines, do you?
I mean HELLO when has deregulation EVER worked in this country - They deregulated the fule - Look what is going on there today - They deregulated the Milk industry, and what happened - the big companys ripped the farmers off so much they went out on their own!!!
And excuses my naive view here... but why can I not help thinking that it's just one more flush down the toilet for the Australian way of life... One more step to making us echo the 'cultural' structure of America..... What’s next - doing away with the Health Care system?



3 comments:
You go girl! If people didn't object to things then it wouldn't be a democrasy (spelling??). I agree that it seems a bit shonky the way it has all come about though.
Hope you did well in your exams. It will all be over soon ;)
Fran
They are dodgy!
Why else would it be scheduled to be put through parliament the day of the melbourne cup - the day when they thought there would be the least chance of protest from people australia wide!
I know Peta, it's all quite scary and mysterious..........who knows what it all really means for any of us.
Post a Comment