Isn't that cover layout just STUNNING!!! And in the actual magazine it looks even more beautiful as it is framed!! I just love how the A is done at the bottom! {Layout by Nic Howard; page 55}
And while I'm open at the this page I just have to say that I also am loving the Christmas Wreath opposite {page 54} I has the most cute little corrugated stars on it and certainly has that 'wow' factor. It's by a lady named Steph Caskey-Devlin. I must say I don't know her at all - I actually saw another two layouts of Steph's one called "Extrodinary Love" page 86 and one called "Wish" page 105 that just blew me away!! Anyone know if she hangs out online I think I might have to see if I can find her as I'd love to see what else she has done - and the same goes for Zin Wright {but getting to her in a minute lol}
Shelleyrae has some great digital stuff in there as always- but I have to single out her calendar on page 56 is just too sweet!! I so want one!! :)
Due to it being Christmas time there are quite a few Christmas layouts in there to get us all inspired and I must say Be Jolly on page 30 by Nicole Graham is just so inspiring - maybe because it's in the kind of style I love - blocking and white space!! HEHE it does have a very 'graphic' feel to it. I must say I got a real buzz when I turned to page 31 and saw two faces I knew!! - WAY TO GO SHARON!!! {and heehee I know your last name now ROFL} I loved the little 'libary' crad just felt it was so "you". And on page 52 there is the cutest little stocking by Mel Goodsell that would really christmas progect for that specail kind of gift.
The A-Z entry's this month are AWESOME. I have to say my favorite though would be Zia Wright's Q is for Questions. {page 44} But once again - very my style. Lots of white space and 'graphic'. I also spotted other credits to Zia in the magazine {page 51 for one} and have to add her on my watch out for list as I love her work too.
There is a great article on journaling on page 76. What first caught my eye though was Evana Willis "Just Me" layout. I've always liked looking at Evana's work and was once again impressed with what she created here. And her article on Journaling is sure to be helpful to me in the future as it's something I'm starting to do a lot of I've noticed!
And the $10 and under section is great to look at - so many great layouts at such and affordable cost for those budget scrappers like me - roflmao - I have to say loved Catherine Mims Reach High layout on page 94 it is so girly and pink {ohh yes another white background one too!!!} but then I also loved Shari Brewer's Me time layout {page 97} - and no sign of a white background there... :)
Now there is a layout that is kind of tucked away all by it's little self that you might miss at first So make sure you stop on page 118 or you will miss one of my favorite monochromatic layouts EVER. It's a cute little layout called "Yum Yum" and I loved it as soon as I saw it online in the scrapboxx gallery for their monochromatic layouts challenge. I am so over the moon for it's creator - and funny enough - another Sharon!! So I got a great buzz seeing Sharons layout finally in print also.
Finally. There is one layout that I want to make a special note about. I keep going back to look at it everytime I touch the magazine.... It's on page 84 and it is called "One Fine Spring Day" and is by Maxine Hazebroek. This layout has the wow factor in SPADES!! You have to check it out to understand what I mean.... I'm not one to do it often - BUT Man I so have to scraplift it!!!
Ohh and should I mention that it's got a white background... ROFL....
Okay that's it - I've got a magazine to drool over again. TTYL




5 comments:
Oh wow, now I KNOW I'm famous ... a layout or two published in a mag, AND ... wait for it ... a review by Peta! ROFL!!!
Whoops ... forgot to say ... I am scraplifting the 'Wish' layout by Steph Caskey-Devlin as I type ... isn't it a small world, Peta! :)
Great review. Makes me wanna rush out and buy it but I am on a bit of a budget thingy and only buying them if I am in them....roflmfao!!
thanks for pointing out what to look for I will be sure to go and get a copy.
Sandi
looks like i'll have to looks out for this one.
I love Zina's work too. I still go back to scrapbooksandmore mainly to see what she has done lately.
Great review.
Hey Peta....came across your blog, and wallah....there I was, - HI!!!!! Thanks so much for the compliment, I really needed it today, Im doing a layout and nothing seems to be working....know the feeling.... Happy blogging, keep in touch.
Steph
Post a Comment