In other news
Well excitment of excitment, Kim John and the girls where down this weekend for a visit. Found out that I'm going to be an Aunty again! Can't believe little Tegan's going to be a big sister!! The last time I saw Kira I showed her a few of my scrap mags and told her that she was going to be in one of them soon. So what did she ask me while she was here "Have I been in your magazine yet Aunty Peta?" LOL I had to say not yet, but the next day when I poped down to get some stuff for lunch I ducked into the newsagency to see what Mags where out... and WAHOO It was there!! Grabed two copies {there goes my $20 publishing money ROFL} one for me one for Kira. I got home and was just siting quitely on the couch reading through it with Kira beside me and when I got to her page I got her attention and waited for her to see it herself. You know what she said - "I thought you said I wasn't in there yet" .. Checky girl!! She then had to take the mag off to show her mum, her dad, her grumpie, her grandma and then finally Leah.. Who turned and then said "Find me in there." ---- awwww
So anyways - here is the scan of Kira's first foretee into the published world... {My Reflections Issue #11 Page 61}

And the even more impressive thing... It's the only digital In there!!!!!! I nearly fell off my chair!!
Although you can't really read it - the Credits go to
Kim Hill of
CG Essentianls as I used Kim's Summer Fun Kit.
Now... Onto other work.
I did this really fun layout of my recent 'love' of Scrapartist brushes - I can't stop useing them so I thought I would do a layout on them. I actually started this over two weeks ago and have been working on and off at it to get it 'just' right.

And my other more recent layout is one that I did more for just myself... and of course I just couldn't help but use one of the lovely Miz Dianne Rigdon's Kits... August Garden paper pack. As I just love this and have been trying to find the perfect layout to go with it .. and I think I have done that now if I do say so myself.

While I was going to add on "Get a DT spot on Shabby Elements" as I would love that kind of role... I thought that was being a little bit Naff and didn't want to come across as a total nut job.. I'll just leave that to blogging about being a total nut job!!! I was trying to work out WHY I'd love to be on the Shabby Dt and I think it was a mix of reasons , the first one of course being that getting to work with Dianne's stuff would be just amazing as I love her work but there was a second reason.. because the Shabby Girls work is so amazing also. I mean have you checked out the gallery over there??? Those girls have some serious talent!!! And I think it would be an amazing thing to be a part of that kind of team - to be considered to be 'talented' enough to join that group... would be a dream come true...
Okay that's enough of my nut job crazies for today :)
1 comment:
Congratulations on being in print, I love that layout, so bright and fresh ... now I guess you have to have a layout published with Leah in it, lol! You are going to be busy ... :)
Post a Comment