Of all the dumbass things to do...
Well don't I feel like a complete and utter idoit!!
Having gone up to the shops today to grab a few things, I found myself in K-mart buying a few extra things that I hadn't quite planned on - but hey sometime a girls got to spoil herself.
I brought the things I need - a new ironing board cover seeing the one here is CRAP.. some blank cd's to burn photos onto to send out to all those who where apart of the group photoshoot awhile back, and new headphones for my MP3 player as the old ones have broken .... add into this I spoted they had finally come out with season 2 of Verionica Mars, I hummed and hared about buying it as it was $45 worth, but then just brought it as I figured I don't buy Dvd's all that often and would get it as a treat. I also found myself in the cosmetics department!!! *blink* ... and some how another lot of eyeshadow and lipstick made its way into my shopping trolley... (hey it was buy one get 40% off another - so I figured why not hehe).
So swipped the plastic at the counter. Tried not to think about just how much money I spent - Trying to embrass the 'I have money now I can spend it' part of my life. (would NEVER have spent that kind of money a few months ago) .....
Go off do the grocery shopping for the week. Start to feel a little run down (my flue hasn't totaly left me) . My foot starts to ach, so I talked myself into catching a taxi home.
Get to taxi rank, grab out the grochieres from the trolley.... AND TOTALY FORGET THE BAG SITING IN THE SEAT OF THE TOLLEY!!!
I don't realise until I am at my front door and about to go unpack my groceries that something is missing.
Panic. Call the taxi company for another taxi so I can run back up to the shops to HOPEFULLY rescue my left behind bag. [actually begged the lady on the phone to see if she could get one of the taxi drivers already up at the shops to see if the bag was still there - but got this "sorry can't do that" from her.... *cry*)
Taxi comes - takes me back to shops (another $10 for the tax). Pull in and sure enough. Bag is gone. Surprise surprise.
Walk around shops hopeing to spot the bag 'theif' ask security and the staff at Kmart if anyone has handed in a bag of stuff - of course they haven't.
So that's my day.
$140 down the drain.
Well $160 if you count the extra two taxi rides I had to make.
No watching verionica mars for me today. No listening to music on my way to work this week. Worst of all. No ugly nice ironed work clothes with out icky 'metal' marks from the crap ironing board this week.
I so not going to look forward to playing that money off my credit card when the bill comes...
*sigh*
I should of just walked home in the first place, I may not have been able to work for the rest of the night, and lipped or tomorrow but at least I wouldn't have left my shopping behind!!



1 comment:
oh noooo that sucks!!!
people suck!!
*hugs*
re: ironing board just throw a sheet or pillowcase over it xx
Post a Comment