Introduceing Eric
It seems I have a new man in my life. Stacy has to officaly share my affections with someone else.
ERIC.... MY FISH!!!
Yeap, I have a fish. I was out shopping this weekend with Stacy and he had to go to the pet store to find a coconut shell with a door cut out of it for his friend Trev's spider (ick) ... and while we where there I fell in love with a cute little Betta (aka Siamiese fighting fish). I asked the pet store lady how hard Betta's where to take care of - she assured me they where hardy and easy to take care of.. So I left the store with Eric in his little plastic bag and some Betta food and water conditioner suitable for Betta fish, I decided to forgo the expansive bowls and things they had in stock and headed over to the discount home wears shop to look for a funky glass jar/bowl/vase to be Eric's new home.
I was very perticular about his home to. No small nasty cramped tank for my boy. I hate seeing them kept in those pokey little boxes with no room to move, and know that the old comment that they like small spots and dirty water is utter rubbish. So I made sure to get a nice big jar for Eric so he could swim his little heart out.
So after spending $40 I had..
Eric
Eric's Food
Water Conditioer
Eric's Home
I was set.
Well that is until I got home, got on the net and googled to learn all about what I needed to do to look after my new baby....
Two days after getting my boy it was off to another pet store to get him a heater as he was WAY to cold. I couldn't take seeing him siting at the bottom of his jar not moving and giving me the evil eye. This also meant that I had to get a 'traditional' tank for him as I couldn't use the heater in the jar.
Lucky Stacy came to the rescue with a spare tank that was left lying around at home by one of his brothers (it won't be missed according to Stacy)
Now with nice WARM water, and a nice big tank. My baby is happy and swimming around like crazy.
I will try to get a photo of him at some point to post.
But for now I'll just tell you - he is just a standard "vein tail" - he has a black mask face, he's primarly blue but in certain lights he'll look purple or green. His fins have the slightest touch of red at the tips so they seem purple at times too.
He's VERY pretty and a little crazy - but then would you expect anything less from a pet of mine?!
So yes - very happy fish mama here :)



2 comments:
so has the fabulous new ERIC not had time for a photo session yet? Peta we need pictures of your new boy!!
anna
Can't wait to see a picture of Eric, congrats on your new pet!
Post a Comment