Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Post Number 400


And what do I have to show for it???

Lots and Lots and Lots of words.

So. New stuff?

*looks around the room*

I never knew I had a desk underneath all that rubbish... Or a floor for that matter and all that stuff in boxes I had forgotten all about. Man I collect a lot of CRAP!

I now have a BIG box filled with scrap stuff to throw out *gasp* - anyone want it? Pick up only hehe - and there is some 'crap' in there - but a few good things too - like some prima's :o - well left over ones that I'm never going to use [brown's and blues] I emptied them out of the bottle into a bag and then thought "what the hell am I keeping the bottle for?", So their might even be an 'empty' prima bottle in there [hey I was in the lazy faze of cleaning - if I had to think to long it went in the box!] There are also mags that I don't want [doubles of ones I have been published in - I'm not keeping two copies of the mags!]. When I went to the scrap meet-ups for scrapboxx I use to get rid of a pile of mags, would hate to think how many mag's I'd have if I kept them all!!! As I'm not planning to go to anymore scrapboxx meet ups ... I throw 'em in the box with the rest of the stuff. So if you want the box let me know - and you have to take the whole thing :P all the 'crap' as well!!

Didn't mention it yesterday, but I went a hunting for business cards for my assignment and have to say it was so 'strange' to go into places and ask them for a business card. Only had one very 'negative' response from a some skinny blonde chick at Jenny Craig [someone should feed her maybe she'd not be as cranky!] I asked her if they had a business card I could have - and explained why - she looked at me if I had just asked her where the local maca's was!!! Gosh would hate to think how she deals with REAL customers - I wasn't planning to go to Jenny Craig any time soon - but hell now I'm even less planning to!!! [I saw an add last night $7 a week for JC and went yeah right not with crab face on front desk she'd make me wana go find the local maca's!!!] *smiles sweetly*

And for the complete opposite - I had an EXTREMELY positive experience when I went into a sign writing shop to 'nick' one of their cards - [was the first store I went to actually] and when I explained that I was doing graphic design at tafe - the women goes "do you have a resume?" - my jaw dropped my eyes went big and went "Um no but I could get one" ... hehe she said they don't have anything going at the moment but it's worth dropping one in!!!! {wow} - so I have put this down in my book to remember. I'm not going to do it 'now' because I don't have the experience to really apply - but I'm thinking after my first semester I'll go back in there ...

I'm also thinking of maybe doing some volunteer work at the local red cross store... To get a bit of work experience behind me as I NEED some customer service - general work experiece behind me to get a job at the end of all this - want to make it look like I'm willing to work and not some unemployed no hoper!

In other news - I brought the cutest little handbag today - which is a freaking strange thing for me to type - I'm so not a girl girl - I have one handbag and that's it - one that I didn't even buy just nicked off my mum!! I don't do the whole handbag/shoe/jewelry/make-up/perfume thing... Not me at all!! - but this bag was way to cute and I had to have it!! It was only $10 so WOOT It's a pair of jeans!!! - just the top bit. It's also very practical, good set of pockets etc - so rocks hehe

Later at the shops I also found myself looking at earrings. It was at this point I had to go and have a lie down. Don't know what had come over me. I haven't worn earrings in four years or more - I NEVER wear earrings. I never buy earrings. The last set of earrings I got where for valentines day I believe [what year I wouldn't know] and where silver stars!

So yes - cigarettes might kill you - but if not smoking means I start buying shoes, handbags, jewelry, make up etc etc... I think I'd rather the cigarettes!!! :P

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Lol at your Jenny Craig experience Peta! And good on you for thinking about the volunteer stuff... I often think about it but never get much further. Now that the demon child is a little older I keep saying to myself that we are both going to help out at somewhere like Red Cross. He needs an appreciation of how tough some people really do have it.

S. :)

ksharonk said...

ROTFLOL! So THAT'S what my problem is ... I don't smoke, but I do love the handbag/earrings/perfume/make-up thing ... so all is clear now! Just have to take up smoking (not in this lifetime, girlie!) and my other addictions will be taken care of! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hmm... I somehow avoid smoking and the whole girly thing... although I do have a serious addiction to cameras. Yeah, to the actual camera, not the photo. LOL

I do need to buy a handbag though. I only have one which is big enough for wallet, phone and keys. I need to get me one of those big "smuggle everything on to the plane as a personal item so it doesn't count in the baggage allowance" bags. ;)