Sunday, January 22, 2006

Feeling Blue

no not really - just posting an old layout I found tonight - it's very simple and really I don't think you can really call it a 'layout' rofl, just a fancy photo with some text - or as I refered to it in my old comments ... an arty farty digital layout ;) Quote is from Helen Keller. Loved that book when I was a wee little thing.

I think this is my fav photo of my from last year actually I know I used it a few times ;) [another digital layout and on a paper one also.]

Ohh and the Micheal Drainsfield poem...

Sitting on a Fortune
the scene, some sort of
morning, coldwater
flat off Dixon Street
someone had left a girl behind
she gropes for waking
her eyes broken
fragments of blue and green
what worlds they have contained
and swept away, Haymarket
Magdalen. her arms resemble
nailholes or nickelmines.
the schools she left to come her
would have taught her useless lessons
she prefers to chance it in orange
vortex of shot, the white powder of vision. need, not pleasure.
pipes her down midnight lanes to make
the curious for twenty dollars each
translating the smokeblown
unfloding herself, warm
givings and taking, into the rent and breakfast,
horse and snow. fifteen years have taught her
cities of twenty dollar streets
a bluejean spacewalk through the jealous
sunday paper hypocrites
who know the ways to profit
but have lost the right to speak

kind of funny to be useing a layout with a quote from Hellen Keller and then a Micheal Dransfield poem ROFL. I found the poem in my folder with all the things I kept from highschool [so yeap over 10 years old now!] and found some of the old storys/poems and performances pieces I wrote back then. I can see a very Micheal Dransfield influence in some of it too - not so much the style of 'writing' but the tone's ... Might have to share them one day -although I was a morbid bit of a girl back then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a very cool pic!!!