It's lots of fun to see where people have come from - specaily those who have a HUGE number of pages to look at! - From what they have done now to what they where doing in the past, it is quite amazing to see the changes in their styles.
Maybe my new fassication with this is because I've really started to notice my own changes... It's quite amazing to have a look at the first lot of layouts I did when I joined Digital Scrapping World - When I was a new wet behind the ears digital scrapper who had only been digi scrapping for a MONTH! - I still think TM {aka TurtleMama}was totally crazy to take me on!! - lucky I put that entry in my old blog about applying for "some amercain digital design team" - and how I wouldn't get in etc etc - Which TM then read and went HAHA I'll show her! {THANKS TM!!} - I remember how exctied I was and just how much that first month showed me through talking to all the other DSW Digi Girls - just how little I knew how to do - and just how little I knew about digital scrapping in tottal!!
While I know I still have a VERY long way to go - I have to say that I'm loveing how far I have come already!! - and can't wait to see where I am around christmas time.
So - seeing as it's now a quarter past 4 in the morning - and I really shouldn't be sitting here typeing all this out...
I thought I would share where I've come from with you all...
This was the very first layout I did as a "Digi Girl" on DSW.

It is a photo of one of my friends on her wedding day {deerrrr} and the kit I used was called "Cala Lilly Love" and was created by Lori Barnhurst of Scrapsy Daisy {you should see their new Tea Stained Romance Kit - it's stunning}
I do still love that page - and the kit was just perfect for that photo. But I think if I had that kit and photo to do now - it would look a lot different!!!
Now when you look at my latest DSW layout - the style is just COMPLETLY different.

This layout was done just the other night useing Dianne Rigdon's Groovy Baby Kit, and was actually inspired by one of the design/creative team members at Shabby Elements The layout I drew from was Andera Victoria's About me layout.
I really like what I'm doing now - and I really like where I have come from. I'm haveing a great time on this 'ride' and can't wait to see where it takes me
I think I'll always be very thankful of that day I stumbled on the call for digi team members for DSW - and that TM was crazy enough to pick me to be a part of her team!! I don't know if my 'skills' and even my interest in digital scrapping would have taken off like it has without that chance...
I love digital scrapping



No comments:
Post a Comment