Saturday, August 6, 2005

Waste of Time

I'm really a little 'shirty' about this.

For ages now I have wanted to go and check out this one scrapbooking store in Brisbane as I have always heard people go on and on about it. But as it would take me an hour to get their by bus - I've never really been inclined to travle all that way.

This week I have been staying with my parents - just to get away and have people around me kind of thing after the week I have had. I said to my mum this morning that I needed to go to the scrapbooking store today and then I came up with a bright idea - Hey why not get mum to drive me over to the scrap store at forest lake that I have always wanted to go to....

It would be more of a drive then just taken me around the corner and down the road to the 'local' scrapbook store - but hey - we'll get out of the house and have fun!! My mum even got excited about a day out and even came up with the idea of asking her friend along who likes to scrapbook as well - lucky for her/us mum's friend wasn't home so it was just us.

Well I went to the stores online website to get the address and check out how to get there, checked out their opening times - wow 11 - 2:30!! - we'd better get a move on as it was already nearly 12!!! - So off we went.

Now this is where I get annoyed.....

We get there to be told that due to a retreate they are having this weekend there is nothing in the store - it's all be packed to take down to the venue - and that they are therefore closed.

Well... I'm not impressed. Not because they where closed or anything like that - kinda understand they have to get it all together for the retreate. What I'm not impressed about is there was nothing on their website to say they would be closed the day before the retreate - There was a mention that they would be closed for the retreate tomorrow - but nothing about today!!!!!

SO annoyed. Needless to say, I won't be going out of my way to go back there - for one I don't think mum will be to inclinded to drive me all that way again... and I'm not going to travel an hour on the bus to maybe get there and find for some reason they are closed again {A friend of mine had this happen to her in the past with this store also - she had checked out their opening times online - driven all the way out there from the other side of town to find them closed when she got there and a note about new opening times on the door}

Yes it might have been bad timeing and all - but I'm afraid in a big business area such as scrapbooking - There are a lot of other stores that I can go to and get better asured service - and most likely the exact same products they stock.

As it was I ended up coming back to my parents and going to the local scrapbooking store in Ipswich and spending way to much money there!! ROFLMAO!

So leasson learnt - always support your local scrapbooking store!!!

No comments: